- Maintain costume organization including costume closet and exterior accessories.
- Schedule fittings, and supervise those fittings for each production and each part within the production.
- Make alterations, corrections, and costume creation/construction as needed to ensure proper dress for all dancers.
- Work with Artistic Director (A.D.) on ordering and creating new costumes.
- Attend all dress rehearsals with A.D. for all productions and make necessary last minute changes and alterations.
- Communicating often with BSA staff and volunteers to ensure that productions run smoothly.
- Hire or buy ready costumes when necessary.
- Ensure costumes stay within budget.
- Assume responsibility of returning, storing or disposing of used costumes after productions.
- Experience working with costumes or similar role
- Knowledge of design, sewing and textiles
- Aptitude in research
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Well-organized and reliable
- Enjoy working with children
Please email email@example.com with a resume or questions!