Updated BSA COVID Policy 1.12.2022
If a student tests positive for COVID-19:
The STUDENT stays home for:
- 5 days after first symptoms appeared or since positive test if asymptomatic
- 24hrs have passed with no fever and other symptoms are improving
- If STUDENT had a MILD infection (<days of fever and <1 wk of symptoms) they may then return to class but MUST mask for an additional 5 days.
- If STUDENT does not fit criteria for MILD infection (as above), they must contact their physician for guidance as to when they may return to class
If the student was at BSA within 3 days of being symptomatic with COVID or receiving a positive COVID test:
The students in her class need to be notified of a positive case.
If a student has close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case:
NOT fully vaccinated:
- quarantine for at least 5 days and get covid test 5 days after exposure
- if student remains symptomatic and test is negative, may return to class but MUST mask for an additional 5 days
- no quarantine if asymptomatic (though monitor for symptoms and MASK for 10 days)
- get tested at least 5 days after contact (if positive, follow instructions above)
As COVID-19 infection is becoming a frequent occurrence in children and adolescents in our community, we will be implementing a plan for our BSA students to safely return to the studios after COVID infection.
COVID-19 can affect cardiac function, so student athletes must receive medical clearance from their primary care provider before “returning to play”. Click here for a letter that you may give to your PCP explaining the intense physical nature of ballet and therefore the need for clearance.